The company has created and developed a Platform called LetsAuthor (hereinafter referred to as “Platform”) that enables multiple users to contribute to books being written over the platform.
This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that the company does not own or control, or to parties that the company does not employ or manage.
- 1.1. “Applicable Law” shall mean any law, statute, order, decree, rule, injunction, license, permit, consent, approval, agreement and/or regulation of any government authority, and/or other legislative or administrative action of a government authority, and/or a final decree, judgment or order of a court which relates to and/or shall be rendered applicable, directly or indirectly, to the provisions of this policy, and/or the company.
- 1.2. “Cookie” shall mean a small text file that is placed on the host computer or mobile device to enable various features of the company’s website.
- 1.3. “non-aggregated personal information” shall mean all information of the user which is personally identifiable, which has been provided to the company, expressly and voluntarily by the user, and/or from such other person who has been duly authorized by the user to disclose such information. The same shall not include the de-identified data of users in general.
- 1.5. “user” shall include any end user who uses and/or otherwise has access to the platform, in whole or in part, and shall include the contributor.
- 1.6. “Transmitted Content” shall include any and all information (including but not limited to any contribution and/or finished book) provided by any user (including but not limited to any contributor) to the platform, for any reason whatsoever.
In this Policy unless the context otherwise requires:
- 2.1. Words importing the singular will include the plural. Words importing the masculine gender will include the feminine or neuter and vice versa. Words importing persons will include companies.
- 2.2. Any reference in this policy to any statute or regulation is deemed to include all amendments and revisions made from time to time to that statute or regulation and any re-enactments thereof.
- 2.3. This Policy will at all times be construed as a whole, according to its fair meaning, and not strictly for or against a party merely because that party (or the party’s legal representative) drafted the policy.
- 2.4. The headings, titles, and captions contained in this policy are merely for reference and do not define, limit, extend, or describe the scope of this policy or any provision herein.
- 2.5. The word “including” means “including, without limitation.”
- 2.6. A natural person includes a juristic person and vice versa;
- 3.1. Protecting the privacy and the confidentiality of the non-aggregated personal information is important to the staff and employees at the company.
- 3.2. Subject to applicable Law, every representative, agent and/or employee the company, in the ordinary course of business, shall abide by the provisions of this Policy.
- 3.3. Each employee of the company is responsible for the non-aggregated personal information under his control.
- 3.4. The company shall obtain all its non-aggregated personal information about the user directly from him, and/or from such other person who has been duly authorized by the user to disclose such information.
- 3.5. Under no circumstances shall the company sell any non-aggregated personal information provided by the user to third parties.
- 3.6. The company shall have the right to but not an obligation to retain any information provided by the user.
- 3.7. The company reserves the right to block any user or otherwise remove any information, including but not limited to information provided by the user to the company procured from any source for any reason whatsoever.
- 3.8. The company reserves the right to amend this policy unilaterally, without notice, for any reason whatsoever.
- 3.9. No provision this policy shall be applicable in case of disclosures that are mandatory under applicable law.
- 3.10. The company collects and stores the following information:
- 3.10.1. Things that all user does and the information he provides
220.127.116.11. Types of non-aggregated personal information:
- The company can collect and process the following non-aggregated personal information:
- E-mail address
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile phone)
- Company name
- Company address
- Invoicing address
- All personal data provided in the ‘free field’ when completing a contact form
- Account name
- Social media data
- Areas of Interest
- 3.10.2. The user’s network and connections
- 3.10.3. The transmitted content,
- 3.10.4. Usage patterns of the user, and
- 3.10.5. Device information of the user, including any and all information received through cookies.
The company automatically collects anonymous information regarding your use of the platform. As such, the company shall, for example, automatically log which sections of the platform you visit, which web browser you use, which website you visited when you obtained access to the website. The company uses various web analytics tools provided by service partners such as Google Analytics to collect this information. The service partners collect and share this information in accordance with their individual privacy policies.
We cannot identify you through these data, but it allows The company to draw up statistics regarding the use of the website.
- 3.11. Methods of Information Collection
- Personal and other information are collected in the context of:
- 3.11.1. Visiting the website
- 3.11.2. Visiting the office/building of the company
- 3.11.3. Subscription to the newsletter (whether or not through the website)
- 3.11.4. Subscription to a webinar/seminar/event/etc.
- 3.11.5. Creation of an account
- 3.11.6. Inquiry to contact form
- 3.11.7. Collaboration with the company
- 3.11.8. Incoming and outgoing correspondence with the company
- 3.11.9. Search and collection from open data such as web site, conference papers etc.
All personal data, collected by the company, are thus expressly and voluntarily provided by you.
Providing certain personal data is (sometimes) a requirement to be able to enjoy certain services (e.g. to gain access to certain parts of the website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events). In this respect, it shall be indicated which data must be provided mandatory and which data is optional.
- 3.12. Use of Collected Information
- The company uses collected information for the following reasons:
- 3.12.1. Performance of the agreement with the company (incl. follow-up thereof)
- 3.12.2. Responding to questions (whether received through the contact form)
- 3.12.3. Optimising the quality, management and content of the platform
- 3.12.4. Sending newsletters
- 3.12.5. Creating statistics
- 3.12.6. Follow-up after a meeting
- 3.12.7. Creation of an account (free or paying) and the confirmation thereof
- 3.12.8. Providing support/assistance (e.g. in case of problems)
- 3.12.9. Sending targeted marketing and advertising, updates and promotional offers
- 3.12.10. Conducting customer satisfaction studies, surveys and other market research
- 3.12.11. Confirmation of the subscription of a webinar/seminar/event/etc.
- 3.12.12. Issuing invoices and the collection thereof
- 3.12.13. Calling and Emailing for proposals, participation and feedback etc
- 3.12.14. Provide, improve, develop services by the company
- 3.12.15. Communicate with the user in a more efficient and effective manner
- 3.12.16. To promote safety and security
- 3.12.17. For better user experience
- 3.12.18. For better decisions and better choices
- 3.12.19. For displaying and measuring the services rendered through Platform.
- 3.12.20. For research and data analytics.
- 3.12.21. Providing the user with offers the user may be interested in.
- Processing takes place on the following legal grounds, as the case may be:
- • You have given consent to the processing of your personal information for one or more specific purposes
- • Processing is necessary for the performance of the agreement with The company or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an agreement
- • Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which The company is subject
- • Processing is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person
- • Processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest
- • Processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by The company or by a third party, except wheresuch interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject, which require protection of personal information.
- 3.13. Disclosure to Third Parties
- The company shares the non-aggregated personal information only in the following instances:
- 3.13.1. If required under Applicable Law or for a bona fide purpose to facilitate a judicial proceeding.
- 3.13.3. In case of violation of any third-party rights (including but not limited to those that are applicable to any contributor).
- 3.13.4. In case of change of ownership of company and/or the platform, to such new owner.
- 3.13.5. In case of any payment through and/or in relation to the company and/or the platform.
- 3.13.6. In case of delivery of services through and/or in relation to the company and/or the Platform.
- 3.13.7. In case of any transport of deliveries through and/or in relation to the company and/or the platform.
- 3.13.8. In case of database management
- 3.13.9. At the instance the contributor, to all information made available by such contributor to the other users on the platform.
- 3.13.10. In any other instance, if the user consents to such disclosure.
- Illustration: The company shall send your information to a credit card processing company to process a payment you have made for the use of the company service. These third parties are expected to be bound by strict confidentiality agreements which limit their use of such information. A fault at the part of a third party should not be able to hold the company liable in any way. In addition, the company may share your information to send direct mailers or complimentary coupons / offers to a mailing agency to process postal mailing. Again, such an agency would be bound by strict confidentiality agreements that limit their use of such information.
- In all other cases, The company will not sell, hire out or pass on personal information of the user to third parties, except when it (i) has obtained the user’s permission to this end and (ii) has completed a data processing agreement with the third party in question, which contains the necessary guarantees regarding confidentiality and privacy compliance of the user’s personal information.
- 3.14. The company reserves the right to share the collected information which cannot be used for personal identification of any user to any third party.
- 3.15. Public information is available to anyone on or off our services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media, such as on TV.
- 3.16. Cross-border processing of personal information
Any transfer of personal information outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to a recipient whose domicile or registered office is in a country which does not fall under the adequacy decision enacted by the european commission, shall be governed by the provisions of a data transfer agreement, which shall contain a mechanism pursuant to privacy legislation, or any other regulations pertaining to the processing of personal information.
- 3.17. Storage of non-aggregated personal information
- 3.18. user’s rights to access and control personal information
- For Personal Information that the company has about the user, the user has:
- 3.18.1. Right of access
- 3.18.2. Right to rectification, completion or update
- 3.18.3. Right to delete (erasure)
- 3.18.4. Right to limit the processing
- 3.18.5. Right to transferability
- 3.18.6. Right to object to/oppose the processing
If the user wishes to invoke his privacy rights he may contact the company at
The user, via his personal account, can update, modify and/or verify his personal information, which the user was required to submit when creating his account on the platform.
- 3.19. Account closure
If the user chooses to close his account on the platform, his personal data will generally stop being visible to others on the platform within 24 hours. The company generally deletes closed account information within 30 days of account closure, except as noted below.
Information shared (e.g., Contributions to an Open Book) will remain visible after the user closes his account. Contributions associated with closed accounts will show an unknown user as the source. The user’s profile may continue to be displayed in the services of others (e.g., search engine results) until they refresh their cache.
- 3.20. Age restrictions
Our Services are only available for those over the age of 18. If you know of or have reason to believe anyone under the age of 18 has provided us with any personal data, please contact us.
4. DATA ANALYTICS
- 4.1. The user personal information will be kept confidential and will be used for our research, marketing, and strategic client analysis objectives and other business purposes only of the company.
- 4.2. Email and text communications
The company generally communicates with you as a registered user of the company through the email id and / or mobile number that you have specified at the time of registration. Your email id and / or mobile number can also be used as the login string in conjunction with the password to authenticate you on the company website, if that facility exists on the website. Your email and password are never shared with anybody within or outside the company. The company uses this email address and mobile number to send you the following types of communication:
Sending you emails and text messages related to the proper functioning of your account, sending you occasional announcements about changes in the company’s policies or promotions introduction of new services.
Please note that these email communications may contain commercial messages of advertisers. As always you can opt out of the newsletters or promotional announcements.
- 4.3. Partnering with other Vendors
The company may partner with other online services to offer a combined service. Whenever we offer such combined services, the company will make it clear who the partner is and it will be entirely up to you to use or not to use the service.
- 4.4. Disclosures required by law and enforcement agencies
It is possible that we may need to disclose personal information when required by law and enforcement agencies. We will disclose such information wherein we have a good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with a court order, ongoing judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on our company or to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- 5.1. You can review the personal information you provided us and make any desired changes to the information, or to the settings for your account, at any time by logging in to your account on the platform and editing the information on your profile page.
- 5.2. Safety guidelines
All users are responsible for the safety of their personal information. We recommend that users do not disclose their names, addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers or other personal information online.
- 5.3. Legalities:
- 5.3.1. All users are reminded that they may be held legally accountable for what information they feed to the platform, whether or not it is in connection to the services which are the subject matter of this policy.
- 5.3.2. Registration as a user at any time past or present and use of the company website, the Platform and all its product / service offerings will be taken as acceptance of the above rules of conduct. The company reserves the right to change any and all of the policies listed above at its discretion and without any notice to any of its users and/or partners. The company’s decision on all matters is final and binding on its users and partners.
- 5.3.3. We are here to serve our users 24×7 and use all feedback to refine and improve the online experience for our users. You can reach the company anytime by writing to user relations at and we will respond to you in a timely manner. We hope you have an enjoyable and rewarding experience on the company.
- 6.1. The company works hard to protect the company and its users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information it holds.
- 6.2. The company reviews its information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems. However, the company cannot warrant the security of any information that the user provides the company. The company shall undertake all due diligence for security management and data privacy, however, there shall be no guarantee that data may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed, due to any breach caused in the physical, technical, or managerial safeguards of the company.
- 6.3. The company restricts access to personal information to its employees, contractors, agents and vendors who need to know that information in order to process it for us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations.
Last Updated: Dec 5, 2020